Sunday, January 20, 2013

I use cabbage in a lot of my recipes


I use cabbage in a lot of my recipes. Cabbage (including Bok Choy), referenced in Ancient Rome as a cancer cure, contains numerous anti cancer and antioxidant compound. Speeds up estrogen metabolism, is thought to help block breast cancer and suppress growth of polyps, a prelude to colon cancer.

Eating cabbage more than once a week cut men's colon cancer odds by 60%.

As little as 2 tablespoons a day of cooked cabbage protects against stomach cancer. Contains anti-ulcer compounds; cabbage juice help heals ulcers. I also has antibacterial and anti-vitals powers.

However, some of these powerful compounds are destroy by cooking. Raw cabbage, as in cold slaw, appears to have stronger overalls health value.


No comments:

Post a Comment